Condominium Amendment of Declaration
AMENDMENT OF DELCARATION - KRS 381.9155 Effective 1-1-2011
With some exceptions (See KRS 381.9155(1)) a Declaration may be amended only by vote or agreement of unit owners of units to which at least sixty-seven percent (67%) of the votes in the association are allocated. The filer of the document is responsible for obtaining the correct signatures.
• The amendment to the declaration shall be recorded in every county in which any portion of the condominium is located
• The amendment is effective only upon recordation.
• The name of the condominium which shall include the word "condominium" or be followed by the words "a condominium,"
• Name of the association
• Book and Page of the initial Declaration
• Name of every county in which any part of the condominium is situated
• A legal description
• Preparation statement (KRS 382.335)
The clerk shall request a return mail address. (KRS 382.240)