Condominium Declaration, Declaration
DECLARATION Effective 1-1-2011
KRS 381.9101 to 381.9207 applies to all condominiums created within the Commonwealth after January 1, 2011. KRS 381.9103(1)
"Declaration" means any instrument, including a master deed, however denominated, that creates a condominium, and any amendments to those instruments; 381.9105(9)
CONDOMINIUM DECLARATION KRS 381.9133 Effective 1-1-2011
The declaration for a condominium shall contain:
• The name of the condominium which shall include the word "condominium" or be followed by the words "a condominium,"
• Name of the association
• Name of every county in which any part of the condominium is situated
• A legal description of the real estate included in the condominium;
• Condominium Plat or Plan must be recorded simultaneously
• Preparation statement (KRS 382.335)
Must be signed by the property owner, the association and each person executing the declaration. The signatures must be acknowledged (notarized).
The clerk shall request a return mail address. (KRS 382.240)
A condominium is created only by recording a declaration executed in the same manner as a deed. KRS 381.9125.
*Legal Description for condominium unit will include: the name of the condominium, the recording data for the deed and declaration, the county in which the condominium is located, and the identifying number of the unit. KRS 381.9131