The document must have the following:
- Full names of grantor & grantee (KRS 382.135 (1)(a)) Effective 7-15-2016
- First party and their mailing address (KRS 382.135(1), KRS 382.200)
- Second party and mailing address (KRS 382.135(1) KRS 382.200)
- Description (unit number, condo name, etc.) (KRS 381.840)
- State that the property is "a condominium unit"; (KRS 381.840)
- Source of title must include the Book & Page reference to the master deed and the cabinet and slide to the floor plan (KRS 381.840, KRS 381.835)
- Preparation Statement (KRS 382.335)
- Consideration Certificate (KRS 382.135) (on deeds signed after 7-13-1990)
- In Care Of Tax Address for the property tax bill in the year transferred (deeds signed after July 31, 2008) (KRS 382.135 (c))
- The clerk shall request a return mail address (KRS 382.240)
The grantors must sign the deed and the signatures must be acknowledged (notarized). The grantor and grantee must sign the sworn consideration statement the signatures must be notarized. (KRS 382.135 & KRS 382.130). The document must be filed in the county clerk's office of the county where the property is located (or the greater part). KRS 382.110.
See the section on Consideration Certificate for additional information.
See the section on In Care Of Tax Address for additional information.
Transfer Tax is collected on the consideration in the deed per KRS 142.050.