Lien for Assessments, Condominium Assocation Lien
KRS 381.9193 Effective 1-1-2011
The association shall have a lien on a unit for any assessment levied against that unit or fines imposed against its unit owner from the time the assessment or fine becomes due.
Recording of the declaration constitutes record notice and perfection of the lien.
• The name of the unit owner
• The name of the condominium which shall include the word "condominium" or be followed by the words "a condominium,"
• Name of the association
• Book and Page of the initial Declaration
• A legal description
• Signed by the association
• Signature must be acknowledged
• Preparation statement (KRS 382.335)
The clerk shall request a return mail address. (KRS 382.240)