Encumbrance Release, Judgment Lien Release, Lis Pendens Release, Mechanic's Lien Release
KRS 382.470, KRS 382.365
The release requires the following:
- The name of the person or entity releasing the lien (KRS 382.200)
- The name of the person or entity being released (KRS 382.470 & 382.200)
- The book and page reference being released (KRS 382.290 & 382.470)
- Preparation Statement (KRS 382.335) (if court prepared may not have a preparation statement)
- The clerk shall request a return mail address (KRS 382.240)
The release must by signed and notarized by the person filing the notice or by the attorney of record in the action, or by a writing executed, acknowledged, and recorded in the manner provided for conveyance of land. KRS 382.470
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per KRS 382.290(6) No holder of a note secured by lien retained in either deed or mortgage shall lodge for record, and no clerk or deputy clerk shall receive and permit to be lodged for record, any deed or instrument of writing that does not comply with the provisions of this section. Meaning a release shall not be lodged with the clerk or deputy clerk without first verifying the release is from the legal holder, and the book and page of the document to be released, is the correct document. See Penalties sections KRS 382.990.
For documentation on judgment lien releases and mechanics lien releases refer to KRS 382.365.