Kentucky Assigned Vehicle Identification Number Plate
To apply for a vehicle identification replacement plate the customer must:
- Complete an "Application for Motor Number or Vehicle Identification Number" TC96-169.
- Fill in all information
- Sign the application
- Have the application notarized
- Submit notarized proof of ownership (i.e. a bill of sale, title, registration, affidavit, or court order).
- Submit a notarized statement stating why there is no serial number or vehicle identification number.
- Provide the name, address, and telelphone number of the person in possession of the vehicle or trailer.
- Identify the location where the property may be examined.
- Mail the completed application to:
PO Box 2014
Frankfort, KY 40602-2014