Vehicles Leaving Kentucky to be Retitled in Another State

What you will need:

If you are moving out of state or assigning your Kentucky title to an out-of-state resident/business, the following documents and information are required to cancel your Kentucky record:

1. A completed Affidavit for Correction/Exoneration (62A044)
2. Payment of any existing property taxes

To process by mail, send to:

Fayette County Clerk
162 East Main Street
Lexington, KY 40507

NOTE: If your vehicle was registered in Kentucky on January 1st of the current tax year, you are responsible for the taxes.

Acceptable Methods of Payment