Military and Overseas Voters

Military personnel, their dependents, and citizens who live overseas (temporarily or indefinitely) are permitted to cast an absentee ballot in one of the following ways:

1.The qualified voter may vote on the voting machine in the County Clerk's office during the walk-in absentee period if the voter will be absent from the county on Election Day, or if the voter learns he/she will be confined to a military base within the county on Election Day.

2.The qualified voter may apply for an absentee ballot that may be mailed, faxed, or emailed at the voter's request.

Qualified voters may apply using the State Board of Elections Military and Overseas Voters Portal or by submitting a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). All applications must reach our office seven (7) days prior to the election. The ballot must be returned by mail and reach our office no later than 6:00 p.m. on Election Day.